Extracts from The Rose and The Laurel:

FSS Singapore

The origins of the section lie with the various FS Sections which disbanded there after the end of the war. 550, 571 and 900 FSS all disbanded between 1946 and 1947. 95 FSS absorbed the remnants of 565 and 566 FSS, and personnel from 357 and 900 FSS amalgamated. These then formed the ‘Singapore Special FS Section’ in 1947 which by 1953 had been renamed ‘FSS Singapore'. In December 1957, following the independence of Malaya, the demise of HQ FS Wing in Kuala Lumpur was announced, and in 1960 CI Coy Singapore was formed and later became CI Pl Singapore.